Friday 15 January 2016



Breaking news!!!
Ogunbote, yet to inform me about quitting....Balogun, GM Shooting Stars
Says he can never walk away from 3SC…
By Ayo Ademokoya

The General Manager of Shooting Stars Sports Club, Alhaji Rasheed Balogun has debunked the rumour going round the press that the hard working coach of Shooting stars,Gbenga Ogunbote has quit his job of managing the Oluyole warriors of Ibadan for Giwa FC of Jos , he also gave a hint about the rumour going round the press that he also is read to walk away from his job as the GM of 3SC, a  job  he took over barely 2 seasons ago just because the government of Oyo state released the paltry sum of 12 million naira out the monthly allocation of 20million naira budgeted for the successful campaign of the club.

Speaking to harohkah.blogspot.com this morning, Balogun said he is not a quitter even though he is a little bit disappointed with the sum the state government released for the management fbor the pre-season activities of the club which is due to compete in the 2016/2017 Nigerian Professional football League, he also debunked the rumour that the chief Coach of the team,Gbenga Ogunbote has dumped the team for Giwa FC

“I am going nowhere, who says I’m leaving 3SC because of what? Funds, it is impossible for me to destroy what I built, 3SC is a project and I’m ready to see my contract through.
All I need to say here is that the state government released that amount they can afford and they expect us to compete and win against money bags competing for the same honours .

For instance, Enyimba gets 48milion naira from the Abia state government while Abia Warrior has a monthly allocation of 45million allocation from the same Abia government. Despite sponsoring two teams in the league th3e government still released that much.

My detractors would only be happy to want to see me fail with these paltry sum but I’m going to do my best.
On the issue of Gbenga Ogunbote coach of the team who is reported to have been unveiled as Giwa FC Coach,Alhaji Rasheed Balogun said he cannot answer that until he confirm the true situation from the coach as he has not received any formal request from the coach as the time of publishing this story



No comments:

Post a Comment