Saturday 9 January 2016

I HOPE TO STEP INTO YEKINI’S SHOES SOON…Salami..
By Ayo Ademokoya

The beneficiary of the maiden edition of Rashidi Yekini highest goal award organized by Jibril Mohammed led Rashidi Yekini Foundation,Gbolahan Fuad Sami, in his reaction after receiving the award held at the media centre of the Obafemi Awolowo stadium on Wedenesday in the presence of the Rashidi Yekini’s Daughter and his family together with the crème de la crème in football fraternity in Oyo state and his environ.
The award which came with 100,000 cash and the boot of the late football icon was presented to him by his daughter, Yemi Yekini and Gbolahan said he hope to step into Rashidi Yekini’s shoe someday.
The highly elated Lagos born footballer also thanked the teeming fans of Shooting Stars for the love and affection showered unto him despite the fact that he had since moved on to another club(Warri Wolves) where he scored the 17 goals which made him the highest goal scorer in the just concluded Nigeria Professional league 2014/2015 league season and promised that soon he may still play for the club in the nearest future.
“Shooting Star brought me into limelight in 2010 from Lagos and since then its has been a roller coaster for my career where I have be moving from one glory to another.  I moved to South Africa and  later came back to Ibadan but because 3SC went down to the lower division I had no option than to move on to Warri Wolves nevertheless Ibadan had since been my home and I will never forget the great love and affection showered onto me by the people of Oyo State,in fact very soon I will play for the Oluyole warriors.
I also want to thank Barrister Jibril Mohammed and the organizers of this award for the honour bestowed on me ,having Rashidi Yekini’s boot is very significant as I believe they want me to step into the big shoes of Yekini which is an herculean task but I hope to try my best.”
The Rashidi Yekini Highest goal award is an annual event aimed at encouraging and recognizing the highest goal scorer in the Nigerian Premier League every season. It is put together and sponsored solely by the counsel of the late Rashidi Yekini through a foundation named after the deceased in other to immortalize him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment