Saturday 9 January 2016

I WILL STEP ON TOES -DALUNG..
Ayo Ademokoya

I'LL STEP ON TOES- DALUNG WARNS NFF

The Hon Minister of Youth and Sports Barrister Solomon Dalung has urged the Nigeria Football Federation NFF to pay all outstanding allowances and bonuses being owed players and officials from the Golden Eaglets, the Super Falcons and the Falconets. 

Dalung gave the charge at the 71st General Assembly of the NFF held at the Transcorp Hilton Hotel, Abuja. He directed the NFF to source for funds from anywhere and pay the players. According to the Minister, " I have heard series of complaints from players and coaches of how their salaries and allowances were not paid. From previous reports of crisis from the players camp, the issue has always been that officials took players money! Please pay them their money. An angel said to the three wise men  behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy. This is Christmas season. Bring glad tidings to the players. Pay them all outstanding bonuses and allowances before Christmas".

Earlier, Barrister Dalung had congratulated the NFF for the successes recorded in the U-17 World Cup in Chile and the recent U-23 African Championship in Senegal where Nigeria's two teams won gold. "However, I keep asking myself,  after all the victories, what is behind the crisis in the  NFF. " I want to borrow this phrase from Amaju. He said he will have to step on toes to move Nigeria's football forward. I will trample on toes . If the NFF domesticates crisis, you drive away investors. So, I urge you to avoid crises. To the members of the federation and the General Assembly, there is no need to unnecessarily attack the leadership when there's no genuine reason to do so. I am an undertaker and I will continue to do so. We will chastise you when you do wrong" Dalung warned.
The assembly comprised 88 delegates, including chairmen and secretaries of the Football Associations of the 36 States and the FCT, the Leagues, referees association, coaches association and players union.

No comments:

Post a Comment