Friday 15 January 2016




BREAKING NEWS!!!!


WHY I DUMPED 3SC..OGUNBOTE





By Ayo Ademokoya.

Newly appointed coach of Jos based Giwa FC, Gbenga Ogunbote has revealed to harohkah.blogspot.com in a telephone interview conducted at about 9.30pm on Thursday the main reason he had to call it quit with the Oluyole Warriors of Ibadan.

The highly revered Ogun state born soccer tactician said that it was never an easy decision to leave 3SC considering the love and affection showered him by the supporters of the club more so the management and staff including the State government never wanted him to go but  had to because his crave for a new challenge.

“My aim of leaving was purely professional and as a professional one always desire new challenges. First of all, I have never worked in the Northern part of the country and I just feel this is the right time to experience other region in Nigeria as I had worked in the South West and South South of the country. 
Also ,all my career had been with government owned  football club and I feel it is high time I experienced what it is like to work with a privately owned football club, perhaps the experience will be different”.

When asked if his decision was fast tracked due to the inadequate funding of Shooting stars; the former Sharks of Port-Hacourt FC coach agreed that partially that could be one of the reasons and confessed that whatever that transpired between him and the club is strictly personal and confidential.

“It is true Shooting Stars is passing through some financial crises but we have a very mutual agreement concerning  my outstanding which I’m been owed but we must give credit to the General Manager who has shown enough prudence in managing the meager resources available, he has shown that he is a good manager, good manager should be able to manage scarcity of funds as well.” He said.

No comments:

Post a Comment