Thursday 19 April 2018


News !!!


FOUR YEAR OLD JOINS SHOOTING STARS!!!

By Ayo Ademokoya


 Shooting Stars Sports Club on Saturday the 14th of April officially kicked off her  well organised football academy in style. The Opening ceremony which had the Honourable Commissioner for Sports, Barrister Yomi Oke, Chairman of the Club Gbolagade Busari, General Manager of the Club, Mr Rasheed Balogun and notable ex-players of the club who had played the game to the highest level were in attendance.



However out of the 176 boys registered for the academy, www.harohkah.blogspot,com.ng  noticed a little boy among the those registered for the academy and decided to follow him up on Tuesday the 17th of April at the clubs  training ground, Lekan Salami Stadium, Adamasingba Ibadan.
Sarafa Hassan who will be five years old in June 2018, was spotted holding tightly to the ball under the tutelage of the chief coach and Manager, Charles Adeyemo as he excitedly kicks and throws the ball around to the delight of fans who were amazed at the enthusiasm of the little boy and were full of praises for the father for taking up the responsibility of registering him
38 year old father of the boy, Wahab Sarafa Hazan a carpenter who lives somewhere around Airport road, Alakia Ibadan during a telephone interview further revealed to www.harohkah.blogspot.com.ng that Sarafa is his only son  and he will do everything to make sure that the boy’s talents is fully developed.  

‘Boolu Alagboole lawa gba’ ( I only played street football) was is response when we began the interview that is why I am very grateful to the Honourable commissioner for Sports and the entire management of Shooting stars for the initiative, without it my little boy would not have the opportunity I don’t have.

‘It all began when my wife Mutiatu. A petty trader often tell me how my boy finds delight in kicking stones whenever she takes him out . I began to take note and found out it true because he is always with swollen toes as a result of kicking stones here and there. From there, neighbours began to advise me that I should find a way to encourage him to play football because football seems natural with him. The opportunity came when I was told that 3SC is running a jingle on radio about starting a football academy,

‘That was how I came to Adamasingba stadium to enquire three days before the official opening and right there he began to kick stones again, people around began to tell ;e again that this boy is a born footballer. I am ready to do everything for him even at the expense of my work to bring him daily to training after school.

I have bought all they asked me to buy, the jerseys ,  boots  and other kits needed and I believe God will help me in this endeavour because it is not easy .I’m even ready to contribute to the academy if God blesses me because what I saw on ground does what.’ He concluded

No comments:

Post a Comment