Friday 4 May 2018


THIS    IS    MY STORY…
ADEYEMO, MANAGER,    SHOOTING STARS    FOOTBALL ACADEMY 

BY AYO ADEMOKOYA

As the commencement of the new season hots up, Shooting Stars Sports Club though campaigning at the lower division of the Nigerian league is poised to bounce to reckoning both at the short and the long run first by presenting a formidable team and second through the formation of a first class football academy that would
  always replenish the squad from time to time


www.harohkah.blogspot.com.ng  had an exclusive interview with the Manager of the Club’s football Academy talking about Coach Adeyemo Ayodeji Charles at his first training with almost 200 youths already registered for the reputable football academy.
Enjoy it

(Do you have news for us or you want us to cover 
your event please call us on 08090729210 or email : 
realitybroadcastingnetwork@gmail.com
Our fees are affordable)

Aroka :
Can you tell us a little about your background, educational background and also how you become a coach?

Answer.
I attended Saint Paul Primary School Yemetu, Ibadan, Oyo state for my elementary school while I attended Mount Olivet Secondary School, Bodija, Ibadan for my secondary education.

I have my certificate in coaching from the department of Human kinetic,  University of Ibadan.

Right now I hold CAF C license from Abuja for the past three years now. I’ve been a grassroots coach of about 22 years especially in the area of grassroots to the National Amateur League after which I promoted my team Grey International FC of Ede, Osun State  twice to Pro Division side of the Nigerian league.

Aroka?
 Which year did you promote the club?

Answer.
That was 2007/8 season from amateur A to Pro side in Osun state. I  also remember working with the defunct stationery Stores FC of Lagos as the  team manager when the was in the Pro League in  2003.

Aroka:
When and why did you choose to be a football coach?

Answer.
 I played for my secondary school before joining Grace Park FC, my coach then, late coach Laide was the one that inspired me to be a coach.

I was playing for his under- 17 team where I had a terrible knee injury so he advised me to be in charge of his under -13 team. I was diligently doing the job when he noticed that I can be a success in the area of football coach and later advised me to become one since I am also educated a bit.
When he died, I took over his team but due to management problem I decided to organise my own team and named Mighty Stars FC in 1993.

 I won the under 13 and 17 in the year 1997, Layi Balogun cup.
 But in 2007/8 I made decision I need to step up my game and by the grace of God the opportunity to handle a  National league team  came , that was Grey international FC and I jumped at it.





(Do you want to advertise your products and service or you  have news for us or want us to cover 

your event please call us on 08090729210 or email : 
realitybroadcastingnetwork@gmail.com
Our fees are affordable)

Aroka:
What was the experience like then?

 Answer.
It was hot, not easy at all . My first time in the National league side was a baptism of fire which I nearly relegated the team because I did not adhere to the management’s instruction me to sack all the players I met on ground. I thought these are the good players but I found out the management was right after all as I struggled not to relegate the team.

But the following season I had gained the necessary experience and exposure needed and I promoted the club to pro side and I must confess that it was not easy . Gray FC was not financially buoyant. At times, I do run it with my team manager, by name Kabiru Adekunle, and a petrol attendant and a native of EDE but loves football.
 We are being paid by local government, so he made many sacrifices which I can never forget. He is now the coordinator for National Amateur League south West.

Aroka:
Can you recollect when and how your relationship began with Shooting stars?

Answer
My relationship with Shooting Stars was dated to when I was still handling Gray FC  and we met at the FA cup. I think it was in 2013. We gave a good account of ourselves that year and later that year, I remember receiving a call from the then member of the Board of Directors. Anifowoshe Kelani to come for interview if I'm interested in being part of the coaching crew since I'm from Ibadan.

Mr Ade Somefun was there too and I was appointed as part of the coaching crew which assisted Franklin Howard to promote Shooting star from relegation back to the professional division in 2014/2015 season. 

Aroka:
 Today is your first training, how do you feel coach?

Answer:
I’m very excited seeing parents of these kid players and fans coming out enmasses last Saturday were encouraging and a huge tonic for us handling the academy. I can see that we are ready to make shooting stars great again.

Aroka:
 What is the plan ahead combining their education with the training?

Answer:
At 3SC football Academy we are not only concern about their performances on the field of play but their academic performance too after the short and long holiday.

They are schedule to train twice or thrice a week on the school resumes that should be on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.  Which we believe its Ok because twice a week is  advisable for under 13 and  15 because of their studies, but during the holidays  we will add morning trainings to it .Next Summer holiday  will be a closed camp by then we will have restructured the team and know the players that fits in.
Mutiu Adepoju in his speech with them promise full support and let them realize that passing through shooting stars academy is a boost to their profile.



(Do you want to advertise your products and service or you  have news for us or want us to cover 


your event please call us on 08090729210 or email : 
realitybroadcastingnetwork@gmail.com
Our fees are affordable)


Aroka
 How did you see the senior shooting stars team intervening to help your boys in getting promotion to next level?

 Answer.
I believe not everybody will make it to the senior team. Thank God Agoye witness our training on Saturday with the team manager which they promise full support of integrating the exceptional ones among them into the main team

Aroka
 In your own perspective look how did you see this team progress in the next five years?

 Answer
 We heard from the commissioner on Saturday that the club is not control by government because another government might come in and rubbish it.
 So it is a self - sustained football club academy with a take -off grant from them. That means we will be financing it within ourselves. Now that we all know it a self- sustain project I believe it will go far.

Aroka
 Is there any corporate body assisting or ready to assist the Academy?
 What is your advice for coaches out there and also your player in the academy section?

Answer.
My General Manager, Rasheed Balogun told me that he is working on getting corporate bodies and I believe him when he says something like that.

 Lastly, It’s very glaring that we are the generation entrusted to make Shooting stars great, we just must do our best so that posterity could judge us.

The interview was conducted on the 10th of April 2018 and transcribed by both Olamide Olowo and Bahiru


1 comment: