Saturday 16 April 2016



 
I hope to go back to school soon…Stephen Odey
By Ayo Ademokoya

New kid in the block and MFM FC goleador, Stephen Odey has said that he would not allow the fame he currently enjoyed from playing football to get into his head to the extent of him abandoning his dream of becoming a Mechanical Engineer later in Life.
The 18 year old boy who was discovered by the technical crew of Mountain and fire FC led by coach Ilechukwu at the finals of the Lagos State Principal’s Cup in 2012/2013 edition said he is grateful to God and the coach for giving him the platform to exhibit his God given talents.
“I want to thank MFM for this great opportunity as I did not really know I will be a huge success like this so soon.I knew I had the talent as I was the captain of my school’s football team, Dairy Farm Secondary school, Agege. I was spotted by the coach and invited to join MFM during their campaign for the Premier League ticket last season and I was glad I contributed my quota.
“Now I have four goals to my credit in the top flight and I’m enjoying my game but that does not mean I won’t go back to school to combine education with football.
Odey was the saviour last night when he latched the ball into the net from a sublime pass from Onuwa Chukwu in the 34th minutes of play in the week 12 Nigerian Professional football league against Wikki Tourist of Bauchi.
He was also the hero of the match between Enugu Rangers securing a point for the Olukoya boys when he scored in the 68th minutes of play  to end the game in a score draw.

No comments:

Post a Comment